Universal Worker/ Dining Room Attendant - FT Days E/O Weekend, Bonus!
Village Assisted Living is currently seeking a friendly, outgoing individual to join our team as a Full-Time Universal Worker/ Dining Room Attendant. In this role, you will serve our residents meals and assist in their comfort and wellbeing as a Universal Worker. You will give them dignity and respect, as well as friendship and a reason to smile. For your commitment and dedication, you will be eligible for a $1,000 Sign On Bonus!
This is a Full-Time, benefit eligible position. Hours: 6:30 am to 3:00 pm.
Universal Worker/ Dining Room Attendant responsibilities:
- Provide excellent customer service to ensure our residents have a pleasant dining experience in our restaurant style dining room.
- Assist with meal service by taking orders, serving beverages and meals, and cleaning up.
- Provide redirection, reassurance, emotional and psychological support to residents and family members.
- Assist residents with personal care with dignity and grace.
- Complete other tasks as requested.
Universal Worker/ Dining Room Attendant skills and qualifications:
- Prior serving/ food service experience preferred.
- Must have strong customer service skills and willingness to assist others.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English.
Full-Time Employees are offered a benefit package including PTO, Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Life insurance, Disability insurance, retirement plan, Flex Spending, Tuition Discount at Partner Colleges and more.
A job at Village Assisted Living offers experiences where you learn skills that will stay with you throughout your life while working with co-workers who celebrate your successes and achievements. As a Universal Worker, you will play a critical role in caring for older adults- not only physically, but emotionally, socially, mentally, and spiritually. You will also get to work with a team who has the same mission.
At Village Assisted Living, we believe it is important to learn and grow. If you desire to continue in the Healthcare field, Village Assisted Living has many opportunities for you to attend classes and grow within the company.
We are willing to train the right candidate!
To be considered, please apply online or stop in at 255 Guthrie Ave, Building A, Des Moines, IA, 50317, to fill out an application.
EOE/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled *A Drug Free Workplace *A Veteran Friendly Employer
Location: US-IA- Des Moines
Job Status: Full Time, On Call
Job Reference #: Village Assisted Living