Universal Worker/ Care Attendant- PRN
Village Assisted Living, a 54-unit facility, is currently seeking a flexible, passionate individual to join our team as an On-Call Universal Worker/ Care Attendant. In this role, you will provide personal care and supportive services to residents to maintain their comfort and safety.
Safety is our number one priority. Staff are provided with personal protective equipment. We take pride in providing compassionate care to our residents by focusing on our 8 pillars of excellence (Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, Innovation, Stewardship, Unity, Respect, and Collaboration). Apply today to make a difference in the lives of those we serve!
This is an On-Call position.
Universal Worker/ Care Attendant responsibilities:
- Provide residents with desired services in a caring, safe and timely manner.
- Provide redirection, reassurance, emotional and psychological support to residents and family members.
- Assist residents with personal care with dignity and grace.
- Document services performed on computerized charting system.
- Observe resident and report any changes in physical and emotional condition such as change in attitude, reaction, and appetite, to the supervisor.
- Perform additional tasks as needed.
Universal Worker/ Care Attendant skills and requirements:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Clear documentation skills.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
A job at Village Assisted Living offers experiences where you learn skills that will stay with you throughout your life while working with co-workers who celebrate your successes and achievements. As a Universal Worker, you will play a critical role in caring for older adults- not only physically, but emotionally, socially, mentally, and spiritually. You will also get to work with a team who has the same mission.
At Village Assisted Living, we believe it is important to learn and grow. If you desire to continue in the Healthcare field, Village Assisted Living has many opportunities for you to attend classes and grow within the company.
We are willing to train the right candidate!
Cassia, an affiliation between Augustana Care and Elim Care, is a Christian mission organization with over 200 years of combined experience caring for those in need. We strive to inspire residents to live the lives that are most fulfilling to them. We take pride in the longevity of our management team and invite you to apply to learn more!
To be considered, please apply online or stop in at 2571 Guthrie Ave, Des Moines, IA, 50317, to fill out an application.
EOE/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled *A Drug Free Workplace *A Veteran Friendly Employer
Location: US-IA- Des Moines
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: Village Assisted Living