Universal Worker/ Care Attendant - FT Days
Village Assisted Living is currently seeking a flexible, passionate individual to join our team as a Full-Time Universal Worker/ Care Attendant. In this role, you will provide personal care and supportive services to residents to maintain their comfort and safety.
This is a Full-Time, benefit eligible position with a set rotating schedule including every other weekend and holidays. Hours: 7:00 am to 7:00 pm.
Week 1: Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday
Week 2: Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday
As a Full-Time Universal Worker/ Care Attendant, you will:
- Provide residents with desired services in a caring, safe and timely manner.
- Provide redirection, reassurance, emotional and psychological support to residents and family members.
- Ensure residents have a pleasant dining experience in our restaurant style dining room.
- Assist residents with personal care with dignity and grace.
Universal Worker skills and requirements:
- Able to learn new skills such as taking vital signs, providing medication reminders, etc.
- Clear documentation skills.
- Possess a passion for providing compassion and care to our residents.
- Able to maintain confidential information.
Full-Time Employees are offered a benefit package including Vacation, Sick, Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Life insurance, Disability insurance retirement plan, Flex Spending, Tuition Discount at Partner Colleges and more.
A job at Village Assisted Living offers experiences where you learn skills that will stay with you throughout your life while working with co-workers who celebrate your successes and achievements. As a Universal Worker, you will play a critical role in caring for older adults- not only physically, but emotionally, socially, mentally, and spiritually. You will also get to work with a team who has the same mission.
At Village Assisted Living, we believe it is important to learn and grow. If you desire to continue in the Healthcare field, Village Assisted Living has many opportunities for you to attend classes and grow within the company.
We are willing to train the right candidate!
To be considered, please apply online or stop in at 255 Guthrie Ave, Building A, Des Moines, IA, 50317, to fill out an application.
Application deadline: August 7, 2018.
EOE/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled *A Drug Free Workplace *A Veteran Friendly Employer
Location: US-IA- Des Moines
Job Status: Full Time, On Call
Job Reference #: Village Assisted Living