Staff Development/Infection Preventionist- FT Days
Park View, a 5-Star Care Center, is currently seeking an experienced Registered Nurse (RN) to join our dynamic team as a Full-Time Staff Development/Infection Preventionist. In this role, you will provide education to all staff, manage quality assurance and infection control programs, and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements relating to staff credentialing and education. This role provides services associated with ongoing professional development of staff as well as clinical responsibilities in quality assurance, wound, fall, and infection control programs.
The loving professional care provided to our residents has earned Park View Care Center many honors. We have been listed in US News and World Reports as the TOP Nursing Home in the US for 5 years in a row, since 2012. Join our talented team today!
This is a Full-Time, benefit eligible position.
Staff Development/Infection Preventionist responsibilities:
- Implement infection control policies and procedures throughout the facility.
- Perform quality assurance audits of charts and other nursing-related issues to ensure compliance with state & federal regulations in all departments.
- Assist in preparation for state and federal surveys.
- Educate staff members continually by attending workshops, seminars, and other work-related courses.
- Manage onboarding and ongoing educational needs of staff members.
- Collaborate with peers on educational tools and track records in our system.
- Implement staff development and clinical staff competency programs incorporating appropriate adult learning principles.
- Report quality issues and recommend opportunities for improvement to the Director of Nursing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Staff Development/Infection Preventionist skills and qualifications:
- Must be a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Minnesota.
- 5+ years’ of prior nursing experience required.
- Must have current CPR certification.
- Strong clinical background and knowledge of LTC rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of infection control standards and practices.
- Experience in wound care and wound staging.
- Must have excellent attendance record, leadership ability, & ability to work flexible hours as needed.
- Experience working in a skilled nursing setting preferred.
Full-Time Employees are offered a benefit package including PTO, Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Life insurance, Disability insurance, retirement plan, Flex Spending, Tuition Discount at Partner Colleges and more.
Park View Care Center of Buffalo offers a full continuum of senior care, specializing in skilled nursing services, rehab nursing and memory care. This skilled nursing home contains small “neighborhoods” that allow residents and staff opportunities to develop meaningful relationships with one another.
Cassia, an affiliation between Augustana Care and Elim Care, is a Christian mission organization with over 200 years of combined experience caring for those in need. We strive to inspire residents to live the lives that are most fulfilling to them. We take pride in the longevity of our management team and invite you to apply to learn more!
To be considered, please apply online or stop in at 200 Park Ln, Buffalo, MN 55313, to fill out an application.
EOE/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled *A Drug Free Workplace *A Veteran Friendly Employer
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: Park View Care Center-Buffalo