RN Nurse Manager, FT Days, 2000 Bonus
Valley View Village, a 4-star rated, 79-bed senior care facility, is seeking a dedicated, experienced Registered Nurse (RN) leader to join our team as a Full-Time Days RN Nurse Manager. In this role, you will manage the clinical care of residents by assigning different tasks to nurses within the department. Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, excels in multitasking, and has excellent customer service skills. For your commitment and dedication, you will be eligible for a $2,000 Bonus!
As a continuum of care campus, we offer independent living, assisted living, long term care, and skilled nursing care including speech, physical and occupational therapies. We are conveniently located in a park-like setting on Des Moines’ East side, near shopping centers, hospitals, medical providers and I-235.
We take pride in providing compassionate care to our residents by focusing on our 8 pillars of excellence (Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, Innovation, Stewardship, Unity, Respect, and Collaboration). Apply today to make a difference in the lives of those we serve!
This is a Full-Time, benefit eligible position working Monday through Friday and on-call every 5th weekend.
RN Nurse Manager responsibilities:
- Work to coordinate, oversee, and provide resident-related care.
- Practice restorative nursing to provide the best care to our residents.
- Manage and assign tasks to nursing staff on the assigned unit.
- Work with the DON to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Notify Clinical Manager, attending physicians, and family members of significant changes in a resident's condition, and takes follow up action as necessary.
- Monitor in-house transfers, transfers to other facilities, and discharge planning.
- Document and maintain paperwork, referral records, and reports.
- Display a courteous attitude and respect for all residents, families, and staff.
- Step in to support the nursing floor and provide direct patient care when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
RN Nurse Manager skills and requirements:
- Current IA Registered Nurse (RN) license required.
- 2 + years supervisory experience preferred.
- Must be CPR certified.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and MS Outlook.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
Full-Time Employees are offered a benefit package including PTO, Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Life insurance, Disability insurance, retirement plan, Flex Spending, and more.
Valley View Village's new 70,000-square-foot building offers private and semi-private suites, with 20 memory-care beds, 20 skilled-care beds and 39 long-term care beds. This state of the art health center provides long term care, skilled nursing for rehabilitation stays, and Speech, Physical & Occupational Therapy services. At Valley View Village, we believe it is important to learn and grow. If you desire to continue your education and professional advance within the CNA role or beyond, Valley View Village will support you while you attend classes and offer opportunities for growth within the organization.
Cassia, an affiliation between Augustana Care and Elim Care, is a Christian mission organization with over 200 years of combined experience caring for those in need. We strive to inspire residents to live the lives that are most fulfilling to them. We take pride in the longevity of our management team and invite you to apply to learn more!
To be considered, please apply online or stop in at 2571 Guthrie Ave, Des Moines, IA, 50317, to fill out an application.
EOE/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled *A Drug Free Workplace *A Veteran Friendly Employer
Job Status: Full Time,On Call
Job Reference #: Valley View Village