RN MDS Coordinator
Valley View Village, a 4-star rated, 79-bed senior care facility, is seeking a dedicated, experienced Registered Nurse (RN) leader to join our team as a MDS Coordinator. In this role, you will manage the clinical care of residents by assigning different tasks to nurses within the department. Our ideal candidate has 2+ years of LTC experience, thrives in a fast-paced environment, excels in multitasking, and has excellent customer service skills.
As a continuum of care campus, we offer independent living, assisted living, long term care, and skilled nursing care including speech, physical and occupational therapies. We are conveniently located in a park-like setting on Des Moines’ East side, near shopping centers, hospitals, medical providers and I-235.
We take pride in providing compassionate care to our residents by focusing on our 8 pillars of excellence (Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, Innovation, Stewardship, Unity, Respect, and Collaboration). Apply today to make a difference in the lives of those we serve!
This is a Full-Time benefit eligible position.
MDS Coordinator responsibilities:
- Oversee and complete MDS and care planning.
- Manage and assign tasks to nursing staff on the assigned unit.
- Complete all documentation for RAI and MDS assessments and observations.
- Develop initial and temporary care plans.
- Assist Case Manager with Medicare scheduling, monthly billing, charting, and issuing notices of non-coverage.
- Document and maintain paperwork, referral records, and reports.
- Work in collaboration with Admissions staff, Case Manager, and Supply Coordinator.
- Display a courteous attitude and respect for all residents, families, and staff.
- Perform additional tasks as needed.
MDS Coordinator skills and requirements:
- RN license in the state of Iowa required.
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience preferably in LTC.
- Must have Resident Assessment Coordinator certification.
- Experience with MDS preferred.
- Proficient in computer software.
Full-Time Employees are offered a benefit package including PTO, Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Life insurance, Disability insurance, retirement plan, Flex Spending, and more.
Valley View Village's new 70,000-square-foot building offers private and semi-private suites, with 20 memory-care beds, 20 skilled-care beds and 39 long-term care beds. This state of the art health center provides long term care, skilled nursing for rehabilitation stays, and Speech, Physical & Occupational Therapy services. At Valley View Village, we believe it is important to learn and grow. If you desire to continue your education and professional advance within the CNA role or beyond, Valley View Village will support you while you attend classes and offer opportunities for growth within the organization.
Cassia, an affiliation between Augustana Care and Elim Care, is a Christian mission organization with over 200 years of combined experience caring for those in need. We strive to inspire residents to live the lives that are most fulfilling to them. We take pride in the longevity of our management team and invite you to apply to learn more!
To be considered, please apply online or stop in at 2571 Guthrie Ave, Des Moines, IA, 50317, to fill out an application.
EOE/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled *A Drug Free Workplace *A Veteran Friendly Employer
Location: US-IA-Des Moines
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: Valley View Village-DesMoines