RN Director of Health Services (DHS)
Trinity Springs, in Oxford, Florida, is a new senior care campus opening January 2019. We are seeking an experienced Full-Time RN Director of Health Services (DHS) to lead our nursing team with caring for residents in the assisted living community. The primary duties entail providing and overseeing the nursing care given to clients by directing staff and implementing a therapeutic, individual care plan for each client.
This is a Full-Time, benefit eligible positon.
RN Director of Health Services (DHS) responsibilities:
- Complete initial assessment of potential Assisted Living and Memory Care residents.
- Create and implement individual Care Plan for each resident.
- Ensure residents’ rights are protected and advocates on their behalf.
- Communicate with healthcare providers, county personnel and family regarding residents’ current needs and health status.
- Take fiscal responsibility for setting and staying within budget for nursing and care-related areas.
- Monitors and maintains resident charts and progress notes.
- Oversees ordering, set up and administration of all medications.
- Fulfills staffing requirements for nursing department including hiring, evaluation and scheduling.
- Provides health and medication training to all nursing personnel as well as continued education and documents teaching and training assuring compliance with current regulations.
- Oversees and conducts supervision of nursing staff including employee guidance, coaching and discipline to maintain high standard of care and positive work environment.
- Manage the facility in the absence of the Executive Director or other certified designees.
RN Director of Health Services (DHS) skills and requirements:
- Must hold and maintain a current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Florida.
- Must be ALF Core competency trained and certified or complete soon after hiring.
- Experience in assisted living preferred.
- Experience supervising staff preferred.
- Successful completion of the Assisted Living Facility Core Competency exam preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with residents, family members and Elim staff while promoting a positive atmosphere in the nursing department.
Full-Time Employees are offered a benefit package including Vacation, Sick, Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Life insurance, Disability insurance, retirement plan, Flex Spending and more.
Trinity Springs will provide assisted living and memory care options for seniors, encouraging maximum independence and self-esteem, while offering the guidance and support for daily success. At our premier 155-rooms/ apartments assisted living and memory care campus, our experienced staff will provide residents with physical, emotional, cognitive, and spiritual support that they need to thrive. Trinity Springs is an affiliation of Elim Care, a nonprofit, Christian-based organization that inspires seniors to live the lives they desire.
To be considered, please fill out an application online.
EOE/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled *A Drug Free Workplace* A Veteran Friendly Employer
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: Trinity Springs