RN Director of Health Services (DHS)
Caley House, a cozy 30-unit assisted living facility, is seeking an experienced Registered Nurse (RN) to lead our nursing team as the Director of Health Services (DHS). In this role, you will provide and oversee nursing care given to clients by directing staff and implementing a therapeutic, individual care plan for each client.
Here you will find friendly staff who are dedicated to the well-being of our residents. We take care in providing compassionate care to our residents by focusing on our 8 pillars of excellence (Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, Innovation, Stewardship, Unity, Respect and Collaboration). The warmth our staff brings to work every day makes our facility feel like a home rather than an assisted living facility. Apply today to make a difference in the lives of those we serve!
This is a Full-Time, benefit eligible position.
RN Director of Health Services (DHS) responsibilities:
- Complete initial assessment of potential Assisted Living residents.
- Create and implement individual Care Plan for each resident.
- Ensure residents’ rights are protected and advocates on their behalf.
- Communicate with healthcare providers, county personnel and family regarding residents’ current needs and health status.
- Take fiscal responsibility for setting and staying within budget for nursing and care-related areas.
- Monitors and maintains resident charts and progress notes.
- Oversees ordering, set up and administration of all medications.
- Fulfills staffing requirements for nursing department including hiring, evaluation and scheduling.
- Provides health and medication training to all nursing personnel as well as continued education and documents teaching and training assuring compliance with current regulations.
- Oversees and conducts supervision of nursing staff including employee guidance, coaching and discipline to maintain high standard of care and positive work environment.
- Manage the facility in the absence of the Executive Director or other certified designees.
RN Director of Health Services (DHS) skills and requirements:
- Must hold and maintain a current license to practice as Registered Nurse (RN) in Minnesota.
- Experience in assisted living preferred.
- Experience supervising staff preferred.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with residents, family members and staff while promoting a positive atmosphere in the nursing department.
Full-Time Employees are offered a benefit package including PTO, Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Life insurance, Disability insurance, retirement plan, Flex Spending, Tuition Discount at Partner Colleges and more.
Caley House Assisted Living's warm, inviting ambiance, cozy decorating and caring staff make it feel like a large home. We have many services available to help residents live independently in their own apartments. We love our residents and it is evident they care about our staff as well. We have fun at Caley House Assisted Living and it shows.
Cassia, an affiliation between Augustana Care and Elim Care, is a Christian mission organization with over 200 years of combined experience caring for those in need. We strive to inspire residents to live the lives that are most fulfilling to them. We take pride in the longevity of our management team and invite you to apply to learn more!
To be considered, please apply online or stop in at 104 S 8th Ave, Princeton, MN, 55371-1735, to fill out an application.
EOE/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled *A Drug Free Workplace *A Veteran Friendly Employer
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: Caley House-Princeton