Caregiver Assistant- PT or PRN
Do you want to make your community safe and make a difference? Are you losing scheduled shifts or are your hours being cut during this stressful time? We can help!
Newton Village, a 5-star rated, 24-bed facility, is seeking a Temporary Part-Time and On-Call Resident Concierge Assistant to join our team! In this role, you will provide support to the nursing team in the overall care of the residents in our community. You will assist in the comfort and well-being of our residents, giving them dignity and respect as well as friendship and a reason to smile.
There are Temporary Part-Time and On-Call positions available.
Resident Concierge Assistant responsibilities:
- Assist with transporting residents (to the dining room, activities, etc.).
- Enhance resident dining experience by greeting residents and delivering meals.
- Help residents keep their room tidy by making beds, straightening drawers and closets, and decluttering surfaces.
- Assist residents with getting settled in their new environment.
- Activities or monitoring.
- Transfer residents in wheelchairs after proper training.
- Empty linen and stock supplies.
- Perform non-personal/non-invasive duties as requested.
Resident Concierge Assistant skills and requirements:
- Must be at least 16 years old.
- Passion working with older adults required.
- Ability to provide friendly customer service to residents and families.
- Must be responsible and reliable.
Newton Village Care Center provides comfortable, safe, and healthy accommodations to meet the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual needs of elderly adults in a faith-based atmosphere. We are a full-service 24-bed Long Term Care senior community with a professional, caring, and dedicated staff. We are committed to providing quality and compassionate service to all of our residents.
Cassia, an affiliation between Augustana Care and Elim Care, is a Christian mission organization with over 200 years of combined experience caring for those in need. We strive to inspire residents to live the lives that are most fulfilling to them. We take pride in the longevity of our management team and invite you to apply to learn more!
To be considered, apply online or stop in at 110 N 5th Ave W, Newton, IA 50208, to fill out an application.
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: Newton Village