Registered Nurse (RN) - PRN
Newton Village is currently seeking a dedicated On-Call Registered Nurse (RN) to help our residents experience independence and dignity within a loving community atmosphere. We are seeking passionate and dedicated skilled nursing professionals who want to make a difference in our residents’ lives.
Registered Nurse (RN) duties include:
- Displays a courteous attitude and respect for all residents, families, and staff.
- Administers medications and/or treatments in accordance with physician's orders and monitors for effectiveness/response.
- Manages medications, supplies, and equipment including ordering, receiving, storing, and disposing of all items in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Documents care using computerized medication administration and charting software (eMAR).
- Notifies Clinical Manager, attending physicians, and family members of significant changes in a resident's condition, and takes follow up action as necessary.
- Monitors nursing personnel on duty during the assigned shift.
Registered Nurse (RN) skills and requirements:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Must have a current Iowa Registered Nurse (RN) license and be in good standing.
- Experience in Long Term Care preferred
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills
- Self-starter with a desire to be a part of a team
- Strive to serve in the Mission of Elim Care
Newton Village Care Center provides comfortable, safe, and healthy accommodations to meet the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual needs of elderly adults in a faith-based atmosphere. We are a full-service 24-bed Long Term Care senior community with a professional, caring, and dedicated staff. We are committed to providing quality and compassionate service to all of our residents.
To be considered, apply online or stop in at 110 N 5th Ave W, Newton, IA 50208, to fill out an application.
EOE/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled *A Drug Free Workplace *A Veteran Friendly Employer
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: Newton Village