Prep Cook/ Server, Full-Time
Newton Village, a 5-star rated, 24-bed facility, is currently seeking a Full-Time Prep Cook/ Server to join our team! In this role, you will help prepare ingredients for our cooks and serve appetizing and nutritious meals to our residents, employees, and family members. Our Dietary Department is a great group to work with and are valued by the staff and residents alike.
Come and work at our award-winning facility! In 2019, we were rated one of the best nursing homes by US news, and were recently voted the best retirement community, best apartments, and best healthcare provider in Jasper County. We care about our staff and we show it by offering discounted meals, free meal tickets, and gifts for our staff once a month. We also pride in providing compassionate care to our residents by focusing on our 8 pillars of excellence (Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, Innovation, Stewardship, Unity, Respect, and Collaboration). Apply today to make a difference in the lives of those we serve!
This is a Full-Time, benefit eligible position working a varied schedule. Hours: 11:00 am to 7:00 pm
Prep Cook/ Server responsibilities:
- Provide excellent customer service to residents, staff, and families.
- Prepare and cook all meals to ensure adherence to recipes and quality standards.
- Set up dining rooms and serve residents meals.
- Help maintain a clean and sanitary dietary department.
- Wash dishes and clean the kitchen and dining rooms.
- Assist residents, employees, and guests with a broad range of dietary needs.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Prep Cook/ Server skills and requirements:
- 1+ year of restaurant or healthcare cooking experience required.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Strong communication skills to interact with residents and staff.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic math skills.
- Selected candidates will be required to pass a drug test and background check.
Full-Time Employees are offered a benefit package including PTO, Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Life insurance, Disability insurance, retirement plan, Flex Spending, Tuition Discount at Partner Colleges and more.
Newton Village Care Center provides comfortable, safe, and healthy accommodations to meet the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual needs of elderly adults in a faith-based atmosphere. We are a full-service 24-bed Long Term Care, Assisted Living and Independent Living senior community with a professional, caring, and dedicated staff. We are committed to providing quality and compassionate service to all of our residents.
Cassia, an affiliation between Augustana Care and Elim Care, is a Christian mission organization with over 200 years of combined experience caring for those in need. We strive to inspire residents to live the lives that are most fulfilling to them. We take pride in the longevity of our management team and invite you to apply to learn more!
To be considered, apply online or stop in at 110 N 5th Ave W, Newton, IA 50208, to fill out an application.
EOE/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled *A Drug Free Workplace *A Veteran Friendly Employer
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: Newton Village