Maintenance Technician/ Driver- FT Days
Baptist Health Care Center is currently seeking a dedicated Full-Time Maintenance Technician/ Bus Driver to assist the maintenance department to help maintain our beautiful facility. In this role, you will also transport residents to medical appointments and occasional community outings.
This is a Full-Time, benefit eligible position working a varied schedule. Shift: Day
Maintenance Technician/ Bus Driver responsibilities:
- Respond to maintenance requests by residents and staff.
- Perform routine maintenance repairs and projects as needed.
- Perform manual tasks and carry out all given job related instructions.
- Keep detailed reports of ongoing and completed projects.
- Drive a 15-passenger bus for scheduled resident outings.
- Complete proper documentation including daily logs and quarterly reports.
- Track and schedule maintenance for the bus in coordination with Environmental Services.
- Complete daily upkeep for the bus including filling up gas, washer fluid, etc.
- Communicate with others to confirm time and location of daily trips.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Maintenance Technician/ Bus Driver skills and requirements:
- Must have a Class D license.
- Good driving record: no moving violations for the last two years.
- Must pass the NDDOT physical examination and a criminal background check.
- Preference given to those with a CNA license, but must be willing to obtain licence within 1 year of start date.
- Experience working with persons with memory loss and physical disabilities is desired.
- Prior experience in plumbing, electrical work, HVAC and/or floor care preferred.
- Prior experience in a healthcare setting preferred, but not required.
- Able to make repairs inside and outside of building, basic carpentry, basic plumbing, replace light bulbs, filters, etc.
- Able to use basic maintenance tools such as hammer, pliers, screwdriver, drill, etc.
- Able to assist with maintaining our building - painting, replace light bulbs, disassembles, and assemble items.
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills.
Full-Time Employees are offered a benefit package including PTO, Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Life insurance, Disability insurance, retirement plan, Flex Spending, Tuition Discount at Partner Colleges and more.
Baptist Health Care Center in Bismarck, ND, is a faith-based senior housing ministry. The homelike atmosphere, friendly staff, and caring volunteers all help to make the Baptist Health Care Center one of Bismarck’s premier providers of skilled nursing. The loving and professional care provided to our residents for the past 75 years has earned Baptist Health Care Center many honors, including the coveted “Best Practices Award” from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
Cassia, an affiliation between Augustana Care and Elim Care, is a Christian mission organization with over 200 years of combined experience caring for those in need. We strive to inspire residents to live the lives that are most fulfilling to them. We take pride in the longevity of our management team and invite you to apply to learn more!
To be considered, please apply online or stop in at 3400 Nebraska Dr, Bismarck, ND, 58503-1649, to fill out an application.
EOE/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled *A Drug Free Workplace *A Veteran Friendly Employer
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: Baptist Health Care Center-Bismarck