Maintenance & Environmental Services Director
Are you an experienced maintenance leader looking for a new opportunity? Newton Village is seeking a reliable Full-Time Maintenance & Environmental Services Director to join our team. In this role, you will lead employees in maintenance, housekeeping, and laundry departments to maintain our community. You will also have the opportunity to bond with our residents and make a difference in their lives. Our ideal candidate is a strong leader with excellent customer service and time management skills. We are looking for someone who is not afraid of getting their hands dirty and who will lead by example.
This is a Full-Time, benefit eligible position. Hours: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Maintenance & Environmental Services Director responsibilities:
- Maintain the highest standards of quality in the administration and upkeep of the facility's physical environment, including maintenance, housekeeping, and laundry. Upkeep of all equipment, buildings and grounds.
- Make sound judgement in making independent decisions with established parameters.
- Operate and maintain heat pumps, air conditioning and major equipment.
- Supervise, train, guide, direct, schedule and assist employees.
- Ability to work effectively with others within an interdisciplinary team and professionally interact with residents, family members, staff, corporate leadership, and outside contractors.
- Address and prioritize multiple requests throughout the day.
Maintenance & Environmental Services Director skills/ requirements:
- 1+ year experience in health care or multiple housing facility.
- Current driver’s license required.
- Knowledge of state, Federal and Osha guidelines.
- Knowledge of fire and safety guidelines.
- Experience with carpentry, electrical, plumbing and general building systems.
Full-Time Employees are offered a benefit package including PTO, Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Life insurance, Disability insurance, retirement plan, Flex Spending, Tuition Discount at Partner Colleges and more.
Newton Village Care Center provides comfortable, safe, and healthy accommodations to meet the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual needs of elderly adults in a faith-based atmosphere. We are a full-service 24-bed Long Term Care senior community with a professional, caring, and dedicated staff. We are committed to providing quality and compassionate service to all of our residents.
To be considered, apply online or stop in at 110 N 5th Ave W, Newton, IA 50208, to fill out an application.
EOE/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled *A Drug Free Workplace *A Veteran Friendly Employer
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: Newton Village