Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)- PRN
Valley View Village, a 79-bed facility, is currently seeking a dedicated On-Call Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) to help our residents experience independence and dignity within a loving community atmosphere. We are seeking passionate and dedicated skilled nursing professionals who want to make a difference in our residents’ lives.
As a continuum of care campus, we offer independent living, assisted living, long term care, and skilled nursing care including speech, physical and occupational therapies. We are conveniently located in a park-like setting on Des Moines’ East side, near shopping centers, hospitals, medical providers and I-235.
Safety is our number one priority. Staff are provided with personal protective equipment. We take pride in providing compassionate care to our residents by focusing on our 8 pillars of excellence (Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, Innovation, Stewardship, Unity, Respect, and Collaboration). Apply today to make a difference in the lives of those we serve!
This is an On-Call position. There is a $1.50 shift differential. New grads welcome to apply!
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) responsibilities:
- Displays a courteous attitude and respect for all residents, families, and staff.
- Administers medications and/or treatments in accordance with physician's orders and monitors for effectiveness/response.
- Manages medications, supplies, and equipment including ordering, receiving, storing, and disposing of all items in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Documents care using computerized medication administration and charting software (eMAR).
- Notifies Clinical Manager, attending physicians, and family members of significant changes in a resident's condition, and takes follow up action as necessary.
- Monitors nursing personnel on duty during the assigned shift.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) skills and requirements:
- Must have a current Iowa Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) license and be in good standing.
- CPR certificate required.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Stable work history.
- Experience in Long Term Care preferred.
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills.
- Self-starter with a desire to be a part of a team.
Valley View Village's new 70,000-square-foot building offers private and semi-private suites, with 20 memory-care beds, 20 skilled-care beds and 39 long-term care beds. This state of the art health center provides long term care, skilled nursing for rehabilitation stays, and Speech, Physical & Occupational Therapy services. At Valley View Village, we believe it is important to learn and grow. If you desire to continue your education and professional advance within the CNA role or beyond, Valley View Village will support you while you attend classes and offer opportunities for growth within the organization.
Cassia, an affiliation between Augustana Care and Elim Care, is a Christian mission organization with over 200 years of combined experience caring for those in need. We strive to inspire residents to live the lives that are most fulfilling to them. We take pride in the longevity of our management team and invite you to apply to learn more!
To be considered, please apply online or stop in at 2571 Guthrie Ave, Des Moines, IA, 50317, to fill out an application.
EOE/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled *A Drug Free Workplace *A Veteran Friendly Employer
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: Valley View Village