Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - PRN
Newton Village, a 5-star facility, is currently seeking a dedicated On-Call Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to help our residents experience independence and dignity within a loving community atmosphere. We are seeking passionate and dedicated skilled nursing professionals who want to make a difference in our residents’ lives.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) responsibilities:
- Displays a courteous attitude and respect for all residents, families, and staff.
- Administers medications and/or treatments in accordance with physician's orders and monitors for effectiveness/response.
- Manages medications, supplies, and equipment including ordering, receiving, storing, and disposing of all items in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Documents care using computerized medication administration and charting software (eMAR).
- Notifies Clinical Manager, attending physicians, and family members of significant changes in a resident's condition, and takes follow up action as necessary.
- Monitors nursing personnel on duty during the assigned shift.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) skills and requirements:
- Must have a current Iowa Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) license and be in good standing.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Experience in Long Term Care preferred.
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills.
- Self-starter with a desire to be a part of a team.
Newton Village Care Center provides comfortable, safe, and healthy accommodations to meet the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual needs of elderly adults in a faith-based atmosphere. We are a full-service 24-bed Long Term Care senior community with a professional, caring, and dedicated staff. We are committed to providing quality and compassionate service to all of our residents.
Cassia, an affiliation between Augustana Care and Elim Care, is a Christian mission organization with over 200 years of combined experience caring for those in need. We strive to inspire residents to live the lives that are most fulfilling to them. We take pride in the longevity of our management team and invite you to apply to learn more!
To be considered, apply online or stop in at 110 N 5th Ave W, Newton, IA 50208, to fill out an application.
EOE/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled *A Drug Free Workplace *A Veteran Friendly Employer
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: Newton Village