Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - FT Nights - 3,500 Bonus!
Valley View Village is currently seeking an exceptional Full-Time Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to help provide our residents with the highest quality healthcare possible. You will have direct impact on the quality of care our residents receive. Your work will leave you feeling empowered knowing you’ve made a difference in the lives of our residents, families and staff. For your commitment and dedication, you will be eligible for a $3,500 Sign on Bonus!
This is a Full-Time, benefit eligible position with a rotating schedule. Hours: 7:00 pm to 7:00 am. There is a $1-dollar shift differential.
Week 1: Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday
Week 2: Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) responsibilities:
- Display a courteous attitude and respect for all residents, families, and staff.
- Administer medications and/or treatments in accordance with physician's orders and monitors for effectiveness/response.
- Act as charge nurse in absence of nursing administration.
- Manage medications, supplies, and equipment including ordering, receiving, storing, and disposing of all items in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Document care using computerized medication administration and charting software.
- Notify Clinical Manager, attending physicians, and family members of significant changes in a resident's condition, and takes follow up action as necessary.
- Monitor nursing personnel on duty during the assigned shift.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) skills and requirements:
- Current Iowa Nursing License and in good standing.
- CPR certificate required.
- Experience in Long Term Care preferred.
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills.
- Self-starter with a desire to be a part of a team.
- Strive to serve in the Mission of Elim Care
Full-Time Employees are offered a benefit package including PTO, Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Life insurance, Disability insurance, retirement plan, Flex Spending, Tuition Discount at Partner Colleges and more.
Valley View Village's new 70,000-square-foot building offers private and semi-private suites, with 20 memory-care beds, 20 skilled-care beds and 39 long-term care beds. This state of the art health center provides long term care, skilled nursing for rehabilitation stays, and Speech, Physical & Occupational Therapy services. At Valley View Village, we believe it is important to learn and grow. If you desire to continue your education and professional advance within the CNA role or beyond, Valley View Village will support you while you attend classes and offer opportunities for growth within the organization.
To be considered, please apply online or stop in at 2555 Guthrie Ave, Des Moines, IA, 50317, to fill out an application.
Application deadline: September 11, 2018
EOE/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled *A Drug Free Workplace *A Veteran Friendly Employer
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: Valley View Village