Health Unit Coordinator (HUC)
Cornerstone Assisted Living is seeking a bright, organized individual to join our team as a Full-Time Health Unit Coordinator (HUC). In this role, you will coordinate information and provide administrative support to our team to ensure our residents and visitors have the best possible experience. Our ideal candidate is a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) and has excellent organization and customer service skills, along with some knowledge of medical terminology/ pharmacology.
This is a Full-Time position working 3-4 shifts a week as a HUC (8:00 am to 4:30 pm) and every other weekend as a CNA.
As a HUC, you will:
- Provide excellent customer service to all residents, visitors, and staff.
- Direct phone calls, sort mail, and complete other administrative duties for the Director of Nursing.
- Work with admissions and room transfers.
- Transcribe physician orders and assist in preparing residents’ treatment charts.
- Schedule resident appointments, transportation, and labs.
- Assist with scheduling staff work schedules.
- Maintain and file resident medical records electronically.
- Order resident supplies when needed.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
HUC skills and requirements:
- Good standing as a Nursing Assistant Registered (NAR) on the Minnesota Registry.
- Health Unit Coordinator Certificate or Diploma required.
- 1+ year of experience as a HUC.
- Ability to stand 8 hours during shift.
- Strong leadership, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, time management and team-building skills.
- Self-starter with a desire to be a part of a team.
- Strive to serve in the Mission of Elim Care.
Full-Time Employees are offered a benefit package including PTO, Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Life insurance, Disability insurance, retirement plan, Flex Spending, Tuition Discount at Partner Colleges and more.
Cornerstone Commons, located in Plymouth, Minnesota, provides independent, assisted living and memory care options for seniors. We offer services and amenities that promote maximum independence and self-esteem, while offering the guidance and support for daily success.
To be considered, please apply online or stop in at 3750 Lawndale Ln N, Plymouth MN, 55446, to fill out an application.
EOE/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled *A Drug Free Workplace *A Veteran Friendly Employer
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: Cornerstone Assisted Living