Health Unit Coordinator (HUC)/ Scheduler
Lake Ridge Care Center is seeking a bright, organized individual to join our team as a Full-Time Health Unit Coordinator (HUC)/ Scheduler. In this role, you will coordinate information and provide administrative support to our team to ensure our residents and visitors have the best possible experience. You will also maintain the daily and weekly nursing department schedules, organize and schedule appropriate coverage, and schedule replacements to fill open shifts.
Our ideal candidate has excellent organization and customer service skills, along with some knowledge of medical terminology/ pharmacology.
This is a Full-Time, benefit eligible position working Monday through Friday.
Health Unit Coordinator (HUC)/ Scheduler responsibilities:
- Provide excellent customer service to all residents, visitors, and staff.
- Work with admissions, room transfers, and discharges.
- Transcribe physician orders and assist in preparing residents’ treatment charts.
- Schedule resident appointments, transportation, and labs.
- Maintain and file resident medical records electronically.
- Build and maintain nursing department schedule.
- Fill open shifts and assign nursing staff to appropriate stations.
- Direct phone calls, sort mail, and complete other receptionist duties.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
Health Unit Coordinator (HUC)/ Scheduler skills and requirements:
- Health Unit Coordinator Certificate or Diploma required.
- 1+ year of experience as a HUC.
- Strong leadership, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer and typing skills.
- Excellent organizational, time management and team-building skills.
- Self-starter with a desire to be a part of a team.
Full-Time Employees are offered a benefit package including PTO, Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Life insurance, Disability insurance, retirement plan, Flex Spending, Tuition Discount at
Lake Ridge Care Center is a Medicare/Medicaid certified campus, providing 24-hour skilled primary nursing care, on-site rehabilitation services, a restorative nursing program, and a number of other services.
Cassia, an affiliation between Augustana Care and Elim Care, is a Christian mission organization with over 200 years of combined experience caring for those in need. We strive to inspire residents to live the lives that are most fulfilling to them. We take pride in the longevity of our management team and invite you to apply to learn more!
To be considered, please apply online or stop in at 310 Lake Blvd, Buffalo, MN, 55313, to fill out an application.
EOE/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled *A Drug Free Workplace *A Veteran Friendly Employer
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: Lake Ridge Care Center