Health Unit Coordinator (HUC) - PT Days
Park View Care Center is seeking a bright, organized individual to join our team as a Part-Time Health Unit Coordinator (HUC). In this role, you will coordinate information and provide administrative support to our team to ensure our residents and visitors have the best possible experience. Our ideal candidate has excellent organization and customer service skills, along with some knowledge of medical terminology/ pharmacology.
This is a Part-Time position. Hours: 10:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday; every fourth weekend on-call 10:00 am to 3:00 pm.
As a Health Unit Coordinator, you will:
- Provide excellent customer service to all residents, visitors, and staff.
- Work with admissions and room transfers.
- Transcribe physician orders and assist in preparing residents’ treatment charts.
- Schedule resident appointments, transportation, and labs.
- Maintain and file resident medical records electronically.
- Direct phone calls, sort mail, and complete other receptionist duties.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
Health Unit Coordinator skills and requirements:
- Health Unit Coordinator Certificate or Diploma required.
- 1+ year of experience as a HUC.
- Strong leadership, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, time management and team-building skills.
- Self-starter with a desire to be a part of a team.
- Strive to serve in the Mission of Elim Care.
Park View Care Center of Buffalo offers a full continuum of senior care, specializing in skilled nursing services, rehab nursing and memory care. This skilled nursing home contains small “neighborhoods” that allow residents and staff opportunities to develop meaningful relationships with one another.
To be considered, please apply online or stop in at 200 Park Ln, Buffalo, MN 55313, to fill out an application.
Application deadline: September 10, 2018
EOE/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled *A Drug Free Workplace *A Veteran Friendly Employer
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: Park View Care Center-Buffalo