Food & Nutrition Services Director
Haven Homes, a 5-star, 52-bed facility, is seeking an experienced Food & Nutrition Services Director to join our team! With the support of the home office dietitians, you will direct the overall operations of the Food & Nutrition Services department to ensure quality food and nutritional services are provided to our residents. You will also ensure our residents receive a first-class dining experience through supervising and staffing exceptional dietary aides and cooks.
Here at Haven Homes, you will find supportive and friendly staff who are dedicated to the well-being of our residents. We’re excited to move into our brand-new building at the end of the year. We take pride in providing compassionate care to our residents by focusing on our 8 pillars of excellence (Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, Innovation, Stewardship, Unity, Respect, and Collaboration). Apply today to make a difference in the lives of those we serve!
This is a Full-Time, benefit eligible position working mostly Monday through Friday, with an occasional evening or weekend to cover a special event.
Food & Nutrition Services Director responsibilities:
- Ensure appropriate nutritional care is provided to all residents.
- Coordinate with home office dietitians to plan meals at the facility.
- Oversee daily operations of the Culinary Services department.
- Guarantee meals, snacks, and supplements are planned, prepared, and served to residents in a pleasant atmosphere.
- Complete nutritional assessments, MDS’s and participate in care conferences.
- Recruit, hire, and supervise department staff.
- Prepare employee schedules, maintain attendance records, and approve payroll.
- Promote special food events (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, etc.) for residents and guests.
- Perform additional tasks as required.
Food & Nutrition Services Director skills and requirements:
- 2+ years of leadership/ supervisory experience required.
- Registered MN Dietitian, Dietary Technician, or Certified Dietary Manager required at time of hire.
- Preference will be given to those candidates who are a Certified Dietary Manager.
- ServSafe certificate required.
- Culinary Degree, Associate Degree or certification in food science, nutrition, dietetics or related field preferred.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal food service regulations, preferred.
- Large scale batch cooking experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Full-Time Employees are offered a benefit package including PTO, Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Life insurance, Disability insurance, retirement plan, Flex Spending, Tuition Discount at Partner Colleges and more.
Haven Homes provides comfortable, safe, and healthy accommodations to meet the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual needs of elderly adults in an atmosphere of Christian dignity. We are a full-service skilled care facility with a professional, caring, and dedicated staff and are committed to providing quality and compassionate service.
Cassia, an affiliation between Augustana Care and Elim Care, is a Christian mission organization with over 200 years of combined experience caring for those in need. We strive to inspire residents to live the lives that are most fulfilling to them. We take pride in the longevity of our management team and invite you to apply to learn more!
To be considered, please apply online or stop in at 1520 Wyman Ave, Maple Plain, MN, 55359, to fill out an application.
EOE/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled *A Drug Free Workplace *A Veteran Friendly Employer
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: Haven Homes-Maple Plain