Food and Nutrition Service Manager - 1,500 Sign On Bonus!
Are you looking to take the next step in your career? Newton Village is currently seeking an experienced and dedicated Full-Time Food and Nutrition Service Manager to join our team! In this role, you will work closely with staff, residents, and their families to ensure our residents receive high-quality and nutritional meals. Our ideal candidate is a Certified Dietary Manager, is ServSafe certified, and has previous supervisory experience. For your commitment and dedication, you will be eligible for a $1,500 Sign On Bonus!
This is a Full-Time, benefit eligible position.
Food and Nutrition Service Manager responsibilities:
- Work closely with facility staff, cooks, and registered dieticians to plan nutritious meals for our residents.
- Manage department budget, process and approve payables, and review cost of menus against budget and guidelines.
- Maintain inventory control of food, services, and equipment including ordering, receiving, sorting, and distributing.
- Set goals and priorities for the department.
- Hire, train, supervise, and coach dietary staff members during assigned shifts.
- Coordinate planning for special events for residents, staff, and families involving food/beverage preparation.
- Perform additional tasks as needed.
Food and Nutrition Service Manager skills and qualifications:
- 3+ years of food service experience ideally in healthcare settings.
- 1+ year of supervisory experience
- Must be a Certified Dietary Manager or must be willing to obtain Dietary Manger Certification within 1 year of hire.
- ServSafe certification required.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations.
- Experience with cooking in large-scale cooking operation.
- Must possess strong communication skills and strong attention to detail.
Full-Time Employees are offered a benefit package including PTO, Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Life insurance, Disability insurance, retirement plan, Flex Spending, Tuition Discount at Partner Colleges and more.
Newton Village Care Center provides comfortable, safe, and healthy accommodations to meet the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual needs of elderly adults in a faith-based atmosphere. We are a full-service 24-bed Long Term Care, Assisted Living and Independent Living senior community with a professional, caring, and dedicated staff. We are committed to providing quality and compassionate service to all of our residents.
To be considered, apply online or stop in at 110 N 5th Ave W, Newton, IA 50208, to fill out an application.
EOE/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled *A Drug Free Workplace *A Veteran Friendly Employer
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: Newton Village