Early Childhood Educator - PT Days
Do you have a creative and joyful approach to learning and teaching? Grandma’s House is seeking a kind and patient individual to join our team as a Part-Time Early Childhood Educator. In this role, you will make a big impact on young children’s lives by teaching through play and experiences. Our ideal candidate is flexible, confident, and has a sense of humor. Join our team today!
This is a Part-Time, flexible position for 12-18 hours per week. Additional hours may be needed for occasional subbing.
Early Child Educator responsibilities:
- Design and implement a curriculum to meet the needs of every child.
- Support each child's individual needs, interests and growth as well as the collaborative and creative process of the group experience.
- Monitor and support the physical, cognitive, social and emotional well-being of the children.
- Maintain an organized, safe, clean and stimulating environment.
- Establish and maintain a good relationship with parents through daily communication.
- Foster the development of shared community values, such as honesty, kindness and respect.
- Perform additional tasks as needed.
Early Child Educator skills and requirements:
- Prior experience working with children aged 6 weeks to eight years.
- Must pass a background check and drug test.
- Knowledge of children's social, emotional, cognitive, and physical developmental stages.
- Ability to work with children, parents, colleagues and residents from diverse backgrounds, interests and experiences along with a commitment to supporting intergenerational relationships and activities.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Other activities include lifting, bending, squatting, reaching, pushing, and getting up from and down to the floor numerous times throughout the day.
Part-Time employees are offered a benefit package including PTO, Holiday Pay, Retirement Plan, Tuition Discount at Partner Colleges and more.
Grandma’s House Children’s Center provides high-quality childcare for children ages six weeks to 10 years old in a nurturing, loving environment. Located at Redeemer Health and Rehab Center in Minneapolis, children at Grandma’s House have the unique opportunity to benefit from an intergenerational setting by interacting with the “grandmas” and “grandpas” who call Redeemer home. We strive to provide a safe, comfortable, loving, home-like, Christian environment where all children can learn and be respected, regardless of their individual differences.
To be considered, please apply online or stop in at 625 W 31st St, Minneapolis, MN 55408, to fill out an application.
EOE/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled *A Drug Free Workplace *A Veteran Friendly Employer
Job Status: Part Time, On Call
Job Reference #: Grandma's House-Minneapolis