DON (Director of Nursing)
Valley View Village's new 70,000-square-foot building offers private and semi-private suites, with 20 memory-care beds, 20 skilled-care beds and 39 long-term care beds. This state of the art health center provides long term care, skilled nursing for rehabilitation stays, Speech, Physical & Occupational Therapy services.
Join our team and enjoy working with all of the newest equipment and technology. We are currently seeking an exceptional Full-Time DON. We offer a competitive salary and generous benefit package in a faith-based environment.
The ideal candidate for this position must have long-term care experience with strong clinical and outstanding customer service skills, as well as excellent supervisory and leadership experience.
As DON at Valley View Village, you will:
- Plan, develop, direct, and supervise our entire nursing department in accordance with local, state, and federal guidelines and regulations
- Ensure our resident’s physical, intellectual, emotional, and social well-being needs are met
- Promote and demonstrate excellence within our multi-disciplinary team
- Develop methods for coordination of all resident services to ensure the continuity of person-centered care
- Meet expectations for participation in reimbursement programs in effort to maintain our reputation for quality of care
- Lead change efforts and promote innovations in resident care
- Maintain the highest standard for providing resident care through exceptional hiring, training, and mentoring programs
"I love working here. I enjoy who I work with and what I do. I would recommend someone to come here." current Valley View Village Employee
Enjoy working in a new state of the art building and continue our legacy of serving seniors and their families with the same compassionate care we have come to be known for over the past 53 years. Consider joining our nursing team and become an integral part of our dedicated, friendly management team in providing our residents with compassion and high quality care and services.
Apply online or submit your resume to:
Attn: Shelly Barryhill/Angel Dunton
Valley View Village
2571 Guthrie Ave
Des Moines, IA 50317
Ph: 515-265-2571 | Fax: 515-265-3044 | http://Jobs.elimcare.org | www.ValleyViewVillage.org
Skills / Requirements
- Must have a current Iowa Registered Nurse license and be in good standing
- 2-4 years long-term care management required
- Leadership expertise and demonstrated clinical and assessment competencies
- Strong team-building and communication skills are required, along with excellent professional and supportive supervisory experience
- Matrix, MDS, and care planning experience required, including strong knowledge of Medicare regulations, as well as ensure compliance with state and federal regulations and standards
Application deadline: February 26, 2018
EOE/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled *A Drug Free Workplace *A Veteran Friendly Employer
Location: US-IA-Des Moines
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: Valley View Village