Director of Social Services
Augustana Care Health and Rehabilitation of Apple Valley, a non-profit, Christian, mission oriented, skilled nursing facility serving 178 adults is currently seeking a Director of Social Services to provide overall leadership and management of our Social services staff.
- Provide guidance and direction to the social services department through policy and procedure creation and monitoring to ensure the Augustana Care mission is being realized.
- Fiscal and budgetary supervision.
- Engage with community partnerships
- Participate in resident care conferences involving the planning and implementation for medically related social services, mental health services, and emotional support services.
- Oversee and complete referrals for resident mental health services and coordinate consultative services with providers.
- Complete social services admission evaluation, as well as discharge, care plans for residents.
- Maintains necessary documentation in resident's medical records.
- Must be a Licensed Social Worker in the State of MN.
- at least 5 years experience in both a long-term and transitional care setting.
- Some experience managing a team.
- Coordinating case load, completing a social history, care plans, MDS, and discharge plan for new residents,
- Maintain documentation for medical files
- Participate in care conferences
- Good communication and the ability to multi-task are a must, to ensure the highest level of customer service.
Augustana Care offers a competitive compensation plan and a great benefit package, including: medical, dental and vision plans, PTO, retirement savings, life insurance, and flex spending accounts. Free parking as well.
Surrounded by walking paths bordering landscaped grounds and a sparkling pond, Augustana Care of Apple Valley offers convenience and community for those we serve. Please join us in this gratifying work. Here, you’ll find a friendly staff dedicated to the well-being of our residents and a continuum of care allowing them to rest easier with more peace of mind.
This is a wonderful opportunity for an experienced Licensed Social Worker looking to work with an amazing team.
We are committed to being an “employer of choice” for employees. Many stay here for their entire careers and are celebrated for their longevity. If you enjoy working with older generations, Augustana Care could be your employer of choice. We believe in equal opportunity for all, open communication, fair pay/benefits and opportunities for growth and advancement.
To be considered for the position, please click "Apply Now". Thank you!
Augustana Care is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: Augustana Apple Valley