Elim Shores Independent & Assisted Living, an award winning facility, is seeking an experienced Culinary Director to join our team! With the support of the home office dietitians, you will direct the overall operations of the Culinary Services department to ensure quality food and nutritional services are provided to our residents. You will also ensure our residents receive a first-class dining experience through supervising and staffing exceptional dietary aides and cooks. We were voted the best Senior Housing Community in Eden Prairie in 2018—come and join our team!
Preference will be given to those candidates who are a Certified Dietary Manager or have a degree in Dietetics or Nutrition.
This is a Full-Time, benefit eligible position working mostly Monday through Friday, with an occasional evening or weekend to cover a special event.
Culinary Director responsibilities:
- Ensure appropriate nutritional care is provided to all residents.
- Coordinate with home office dietitians to plan meals at the facility.
- Oversee daily operations of the Culinary Services department.
- Guarantee meals, snacks, and supplements are planned, prepared, and served to residents in a pleasant atmosphere.
- Recruit, hire, and supervise department staff.
- Prepare employee schedules, maintain attendance records, and approve payroll.
- Promote special food events (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, etc.) for residents and guests.
- Perform additional tasks as required.
Culinary Director skills and requirements:
- 2+ years of leadership/ supervisory experience required.
- Registered MN Dietitian/Dietary Technician or a MN Certified Dietary Manager required at time of hire.
- ServSafe certificate required.
- Culinary Degree, Associate Degree or certification in food science, nutrition, dietetics or related field preferred.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal food service regulations, preferred.
- Large scale batch cooking experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Full-Time Employees are offered a benefit package including PTO, Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Life insurance, Disability insurance, retirement plan, Flex Spending, Tuition Discount at Partner Colleges and more.
Elim Shores Independent and Assisted Living is an intimate, community-focused senior living campus located on six scenic acres on the banks of Mitchell Lake in Eden Prairie. Residents enjoy a family-like atmosphere, caring staff, and the sense of comfort that comes with knowing their changing needs will be met without having to move. Elim Shores has been awarded the title of "Best Senior Living/ Senior Care Center" from the 2018 Southwest News Media "Best of the Best" awards.
Cassia, an affiliation between Augustana Care and Elim Care, is a Christian mission organization with over 200 years of combined experience caring for those in need. We strive to inspire residents to live the lives that are most fulfilling to them. We take pride in the longevity of our management team and invite you to apply to learn more!
To be considered, please apply online or stop in at 7900 Timber Lake Dr, Eden Prairie, MN 55347, to fill out an application.
EOE/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled *A Drug Free Workplace *A Veteran Friendly Employer
Location: US-MN-Eden Prairie
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: Elim Shores-Eden Prairie