Culinary Director, 2000 Bonus
Newton Village, a 5-star facility, is seeking an experienced Culinary Director to join our team! With the support of the home office dietitians, you will direct the overall operations of the Culinary Services department to ensure quality food and nutritional services are provided to our residents. You will also ensure our residents receive a first-class dining experience through supervising and staffing exceptional dietary aides and cooks. For your commitment and dedication, you will be eligible for a $2,000 Bonus!
Preference will be given to those candidates who are a Certified Dietary Manager or have a degree in Dietetics or Nutrition.
This is a Full-Time, benefit eligible position working mostly Monday through Friday, with an occasional evening or weekend to cover a special event. Hours: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Culinary Director responsibilities:
- Ensure appropriate nutritional care is provided to all residents.
- Coordinate with home office dietitians to plan meals at the facility.
- Oversee daily operations of the Culinary Services department.
- Guarantee meals, snacks, and supplements are planned, prepared, and served to residents in a pleasant atmosphere.
- Recruit, hire, and supervise department staff.
- Prepare employee schedules, maintain attendance records, and approve payroll.
- Promote special food events (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, etc.) for residents and guests.
- Perform additional tasks as required.
Culinary Director skills and requirements:
- 2+ years of leadership/ supervisory experience required.
- Registered IA Dietitian/Dietary Technician or a IA Certified Dietary Manager required at time of hire.
- ServSafe certificate required.
- Culinary Degree, Associate Degree or certification in food science, nutrition, dietetics or related field preferred.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal food service regulations, preferred.
- Large scale batch cooking experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Full-Time Employees are offered a benefit package including PTO, Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Life insurance, Disability insurance, retirement plan, Flex Spending, and more.
Newton Village Care Center provides comfortable, safe, and healthy accommodations to meet the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual needs of elderly adults in a faith-based atmosphere. We are a full-service 24-bed Long Term Care senior community with a professional, caring, and dedicated staff. We are committed to providing quality and compassionate service to all of our residents.
Cassia, an affiliation between Augustana Care and Elim Care, is a Christian mission organization with over 200 years of combined experience caring for those in need. We strive to inspire residents to live the lives that are most fulfilling to them. We take pride in the longevity of our management team and invite you to apply to learn more!
To be considered, apply online or stop in at 110 N 5th Ave W, Newton, IA 50208, to fill out an application.
EOE/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled *A Drug Free Workplace *A Veteran Friendly Employer
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: Newton Village