Culinary Chef, PT, 500 Bonus
Do you want to be a part of a tight-knit team where laughter is encouraged? Do you want to have fun and make a difference at the same time? If so, this opportunity is for you!
Elim Shores, an award-winning Independent & Assisted Living facility, is looking for an experienced Chef who is very happy and content in their current gig – but is just looking to supplement their income by picking up an 8 hour shift on Sundays (9:00 am to 5:30 pm). This position provides a great opportunity to express your culinary creativity, as we create our resident menus around both our resident’s wants and needs as well as our Chef’s own cooking desires! For your commitment and dedication, you will be eligible for a $500 Bonus!
When you join our team at our intimate campus – located on eight scenic acres on the banks of Mitchell Lake – you will feel like you gained another family. Our caring and compassionate staff work together to provide the best possible care to our residents. We were voted the 2020 Reader's Choice Winner for Best Assisted Living in Eden Prairie – come and join our team!
This is a Part-Time position working mainly 9:30 am to 5:30 pm on Sundays. In this role you must be available to work on-call and pick up additional hours as needed.
Prior experience preferred, but not required. We will provide training for this position.
- Deliver exceptional service to residents by providing fast, friendly and excellent customer service to all guests.
- Prepare and cook all meals to ensure adherence to recipes and quality standards. This will also include feature/specials and grill service.
- Inspect kitchen for conformance to government and company safety and sanitation requirements.
- Review planned meals and take note of special diet requests.
- Observe and report on low stock or high-demand choices.
- Assist in orders and schedules delivery of food and supplies from local vendors.
- Observe and report on resident change of condition or changes in ability.
- Participate in meetings and required training to maintain regulatory standards of food service at the community.
Cook skills and requirements:
- Prior commercial cooking/ food preparation experience preferred, but not required.
- Prior Corporate Dining, Senior Living, or Country Club experience preferred, but not required.
- Ability to stand for length of shift.
- Ability to read and follow recipes.
- Team player willing to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Selected candidates will be required to pass a drug test and background check.
Cassia, an affiliation between Augustana Care and Elim Care, is a Christian mission organization with over 200 years of combined experience caring for those in need. We strive to inspire residents to live the lives that are most fulfilling to them. We take pride in the longevity of our management team and invite you to apply to learn more!
To be considered, please apply online or stop in at 7900 Timber Lake Dr, Eden Prairie, MN 55347, to fill out an application.
EOE/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled *A Drug Free Workplace *A Veteran Friendly Employer
Location: US-MN-Eden Prairie
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: Elim Shores