Cook/ Sous Chef - PT Days (no nights!)
Elim Shoes Independent and Assisted Living is currently seeking a Part-Time Cook/ Sous Chef to join our beautiful full-service skilled care facility with highly trained professional, caring, and dedicated staff. Your passion for cooking nutritious and appetizing meals will be highly valued by our residents. Join our team today!
This is a 30 hrs/ pay period, Part-Time position working mostly weekdays.
Cook responsibilities include:
- Complete daily food prep and cooking for Independent & Assisted Living residents and their guests.
- Assist with weekly food ordering and menu development.
- Deliver exceptional service to residents by leading and motivating team members to provide fast, friendly and excellent customer service to all guests.
- Prepare and cook all meals to ensure adherence to recipes and quality standards.
- Assist with planned in-house catering events, parties, and resident socials.
- Inspect kitchen for conformance to government and company safety and sanitation requirements.
- Review planned meals and take note of special diet requests.
- Observe and report on low stock or high-demand choices.
- Assist in orders and schedules delivery of food and supplies from local vendors.
- Observe and report on resident change of condition or changes in ability.
- Participate in meetings and required training to maintain regulatory standards of food service at the community.
Cook skills/ requirements:
- Large batch scratch cooking experience.
- Senior Housing or Country Club setting experience preferred.
- Positive team attitude with a high end hospitality focus.
- "Serve Safe" certification preferred.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be a team player willing to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior experience working with elderly and leadership experience preferred.
Elim Shores Independent and Assisted Living is an intimate, community-focused senior living campus located on eight scenic acres on the banks of Mitchell Lake in Eden Prairie. Residents enjoy a family-like atmosphere, caring staff, and the sense of comfort that comes with knowing their changing needs will be met without having to move.
To be considered, please apply online or stop in at 7900 Timber Lake Dr, Eden Prairie, MN 55347, to fill out an application.
Application deadline: September 11, 2018
EOE/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled *A Drug Free Workplace *A Veteran Friendly Employer
Location: US-MN-Eden Prairie
Job Status: Contract/Temporary, On Call
Job Reference #: Elim Shores-Eden Prairie