Valley View Village is currently seeking a Part-Time Cook to join our beautiful full-service skilled care facility with highly trained professional, caring, and dedicated staff. Your passion for cooking nutritious and appetizing meals will be highly valued by our residents.
This is a Part-Time position working varied hours.
- Deliver exceptional service to residents by providing fast, friendly and excellent customer service to all guests.
- Prepare and cook all meals to ensure adherence to recipes and quality standards.
- Observe and report on low stock or high-demand choices.
- Observe and report on resident change of condition or changes in ability.
- Participate in meetings and required training to maintain regulatory standards of food service at the community.
- Inspect kitchen for conformance to government and company safety and sanitation requirements.
- Perform additional tasks as needed.
Cook skills and requirements:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Prior commercial cooking/ food preparation experience preferred.
- Must be able to read and follow recipes.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to stand for length of shift.
- Prior dining/ serving experience a plus!
- Baking experience a plus!
- Selected candidates will be required to pass a drug test and background check.
Part-Time employees are offered a benefit package including PTO, Holiday Pay, Retirement Plan, and more.
Valley View Village's new 70,000-square-foot building offers private and semi-private suites, with 20 memory-care beds, 20 skilled-care beds and 39 long-term care beds. This state of the art health center provides long term care, skilled nursing for rehabilitation stays, and Speech, Physical & Occupational Therapy services. At Valley View Village, we believe it is important to learn and grow. If you desire to continue your education and professional advance within the CNA role or beyond, Valley View Village will support you while you attend classes and offer opportunities for growth within the organization.
Cassia, an affiliation between Augustana Care and Elim Care, is a Christian mission organization with over 200 years of combined experience caring for those in need. We strive to inspire residents to live the lives that are most fulfilling to them. We take pride in the longevity of our management team and invite you to apply to learn more!
To be considered, please apply online or stop in at 2571 Guthrie Ave, Des Moines, IA, 50317, to fill out an application.
EOE/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled *A Drug Free Workplace *A Veteran Friendly Employer
Location: US-IA-Des Moines
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: Valley View Village