Cook - PT Days - (no late nights)
New Harmony Care Center is currently seeking a Part-Time Cook to join our beautiful full-service skilled care facility with highly trained professional, caring, and dedicated staff. Your passion for cooking nutritious and appetizing meals will be highly valued by our residents.
This is a Part-Time position with a varying schedule. Hours: 6:30 am to 2:00 pm.
Cook responsibilities include:
- Deliver exceptional service to residents by leading and motivating team members to provide fast, friendly and excellent customer service to all guests.
- Prepare and cook all meals to ensure adherence to recipes and quality standards. This will also include feature/specials and grill service.
- Inspect kitchen for conformance to government and company safety and sanitation requirements.
- Step in as an on-duty supervisor as needed.
- Review planned meals and take note of special diet requests.
- Observe and report on low stock or high-demand choices.
- Assist in orders and schedules delivery of food and supplies from local vendors.
- Observe and report on resident change of condition or changes in ability.
- Participate in meetings and required training to maintain regulatory standards of food service at the community.
Cook skills/ requirements:
- High school diploma or Equivalent.
- Prior cooking/ food preparation experience preferred.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be a team player willing to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior experience working with elderly and leadership experience preferred.
At New Harmony Care & Rehab Center, we are committed to excellence and guided by compassion in all our programs and services. We strive to serve elders and disabled adults by creating innovative solutions to their needs. The quality of care and spirit of excellence at New Harmony is a direct result of a diverse community of talented professionals who always have the best interest of those we serve at the forefront of everything we do.
To be considered, please apply online or stop in at 135 Geranium Ave E, St. Paul, MN 55117, to fill out an application.
EOE/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled *A Drug Free Workplace *A Veteran Friendly Employer
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: New Harmony Care Center-St. Paul