Cook - PT Day, E/O Weekend
Redeemer Health & Rehab Center is currently seeking a Part-Time Cook to join our team! Your passion for cooking nutritious and appetizing meals will be highly valued by our residents.
This is a Part-Time position working every other weekend and holiday. Hours: 11:30 am to 7:30 pm.
As a Cook at Redeemer Health & Rehab Center, you will:
- Deliver exceptional service to residents by leading and motivating team members to provide fast, friendly and excellent customer service to all guests.
- Prepare and cook all meals to ensure adherence to recipes and quality standards. This will also include feature/specials and grill service.
- Inspect kitchen for conformance to government and company safety and sanitation requirements.
- Review planned meals and take note of special diet requests.
- Observe and report on low stock or high-demand choices.
- Assist in orders and schedules delivery of food and supplies from local vendors.
- Observe and report on resident change of condition or changes in ability.
- Participate in meetings and required training to maintain regulatory standards of food service at the community.
Cook skills and requirements:
- Previous cooking/ food preparation experience.
- Experience with food service in a LTC facility preferred.
- Positive, caring, and customer-service-oriented attitude.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be a team player willing to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior experience working with elderly and leadership experience preferred.
Redeemer Health & Rehab Center of Minneapolis provides short-term rehab, long-term skilled care, and memory care. Our dedicated employees have been serving the community in the spirit of Christ’s love since 1946. Our highest priority is to serve our residents with a commitment to compassion, excellence and innovation. We offer off-street parking and are located on the bus line for an easy commute. Our wages are competitive and we offer a great work / life balance.
To be considered, please apply online or stop in at 625 W 31st St, Minneapolis, MN 55408, to fill out an application.
EOE/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled *A Drug Free Workplace *A Veteran Friendly Employer
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: Redeemer Health & Rehab Center-Minneapolis