Chef- FT (no late nights)
Are you passionate about preparing healthy meals for those who truly value your cooking? Are you looking for purpose and balance in your work schedule? If so, we have a wonderful opportunity for you!
Prairie Pointe, a new 50-unit assisted living facility, is currently seeking a Full-Time Chef with 2+ years of recent culinary experience to join our beautiful facility with highly trained professional, caring, and dedicated staff. In this role, you will work in the state-of-the-art kitchen and use your creativity to make culinary masterpieces using fresh, high-end ingredients. Your passion for cooking nutritious and appetizing meals will be highly valued by our residents.
We have an excellent work environment where our culinary team is engaged, happy, and a whole lot of fun to be around. Enjoy artistic freedom of having input on what you serve and how you prepare it. We take pride in providing compassionate care to our residents by focusing on our 8 pillars of excellence (Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, Innovation, Stewardship, Unity, Respect, and Collaboration). Apply today to make a difference in the lives of those we serve!
This is a Full-Time, benefit eligible position. Hours: 7:00 am to 3:30 pm
Pay: $16.73 to $22.75 DOE.
- Deliver exceptional service to residents by leading and motivating team members to provide fast, friendly and excellent customer service to all guests.
- Prepare and cook all meals to ensure adherence to recipes and quality standards. This will also include feature/specials and grill service.
- Inspect kitchen for conformance to government and company safety and sanitation requirements.
- Review planned meals and take note of special diet requests.
- Observe and report on low stock or high-demand choices.
- Assist in orders and schedules delivery of food and supplies from local vendors.
- Observe and report on resident change of condition or changes in ability.
- Participate in meetings and required training to maintain regulatory standards of food service at the community.
Chef skills and requirements:
- 2+ years of recent culinary experience required; preference given to those with a Culinary Arts degree.
- Large batch scratch cooking experience preferred.
- Senior Housing or Country Club setting experience preferred.
- Positive team attitude with a high end hospitality focus.
- "Serve Safe" certification preferred.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Team player willing to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Selected candidates will be required to pass a drug test and background check.
Full-Time Employees are offered a benefit package including PTO, Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Life insurance, Disability insurance, retirement plan, Flex Spending, Tuition Discount at Partner Colleges and more.
Prairie Pointe Assisted Living provides assisted living options for seniors, with maximum independence and self-esteem, while offering the guidance and support for daily success. At our premier 50-bed assisted living facility, our dedicated and caring staff provides residents with physical, emotional, cognitive, and spiritual support that they need to thrive.
Cassia, an affiliation between Augustana Care and Elim Care, is a Christian mission organization with over 200 years of combined experience caring for those in need. We strive to inspire residents to live the lives that are most fulfilling to them. We take pride in the longevity of our management team and invite you to apply to learn more!
To be considered, please apply online or stop in at 3330 Nebraska Drive, Bismarck, ND 58503, to fill out an application.
EOE/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled *A Drug Free Workplace *A Veteran Friendly Employer
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: Prairie Pointe-Bismarck