Redeemer Health & Rehab Center, a 5-star facility located in Uptown, is seeking an energetic Part-Time Chaplain to join our vibrant and dedicated spiritual care team. In this role, you will provide pastoral care to our residents, families and staff, through worship services, communion and memorial services. We are seeking a sincere and compassionate individual who will strive to serve in the spirit of Christ’s love.
Here at Redeemer Health & Rehab Center, you will find supportive and friendly staff who are dedicated to the well-being of our residents. We take pride in providing compassionate care to our residents by focusing on our 8 pillars of excellence (Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, Innovation, Stewardship, Unity, Respect, and Collaboration). Our campus is conveniently located on the bus line and we offer free off-street parking. Apply today to make a difference in the lives of those we serve!
This is a Part-Time position working a varied schedule.
- Provide spiritual care, in conjunction with Cassia’s mission, to care for residents, families and employees.
- Visit residents on an individual basis and determine type of involvement appropriate for meeting their spiritual and emotional needs.
- Work with Life Enrichment, creating a calendar of activities that best meets resident’s needs.
- Research and prepare materials to conduct Bible study, resident devotions, and worship.
- Perform other duties as assigned i.e. regularly assist with memory care programs, assist with marketing opportunities with area chaplains.
Chaplain skills and requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent experience.
- Must be credentialed or willing to be credentialed with the Evangelical Free Church of America (EFCA).
- Master’s Degree in Bible/Theology preferred.
- Prior experience in counseling or pastoral care preferred.
- Senior care, dementia care experience preferred.
- Active in a local church and growing in spiritual life.
- Must maintain confidential information.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Team player who has a passion for elder care and adapts quickly to changing situations.
- Other activities include frequent kneeling, crouching, and stooping to communicate and pray with residents.
Redeemer Health & Rehab Center of Minneapolis, a 119-bed care center, provides short-term rehab, long-term skilled care, and memory care services. Our dedicated employees have been serving the community in the spirit of Christ’s love since 1946. Our highest priority is to serve our residents with a commitment to compassion, excellence and innovation.
Cassia, an affiliation between Augustana Care and Elim Care, is a Christian mission organization with over 200 years of combined experience caring for those in need. We strive to inspire residents to live the lives that are most fulfilling to them. We take pride in the longevity of our management team and invite you to apply to learn more!
To be considered, please apply online or stop in at 625 W 31st St, Minneapolis, MN 55408, to fill out an application.
EOE/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled *A Drug Free Workplace*A Veteran Friendly Employer
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: Redeemer Health & Rehab Center