Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)- PT, FT Eve, Up to 1500 Bonus
Newton Village, 5-star rated, 24-bed facility, is currently seeking dedicated Part-Time and Full-Time Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) to join our team! In this role, you will join our team of professional caregivers to become an important part of our residents’ lives. We are seeking people who are team players, and who are also comfortable working individually. For your commitment and dedication, you will be eligible for up to a $1,500 Bonus!
Come and work at our award-winning facility! In 2019, we were rated one of the best nursing homes by US news, and were recently voted the best retirement community, best apartments, and best healthcare provider in Jasper County. We care about our staff and we show it by offering discounted meals, free meal tickets, and gifts for our staff once a month. We also pride in providing compassionate care to our residents by focusing on our 8 pillars of excellence (Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, Innovation, Stewardship, Unity, Respect, and Collaboration). Apply today to make a difference in the lives of those we serve!
There are Part-Time and Full-Time, benefit positions available. (Newly hired Part-Time CNAs will be eligible for a $750 Bonus, Newly hired Full-Time CNAs will be eligible for a $1,500 Bonus).
Hours: 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) responsibilities:
- Help each resident reach and maintain the highest level of performance and independence while assisting them with personal care and daily living activities.
- Assist with treatments as delegated by the Registered Nurse per individualized care plan.
- Take and record temperature, blood pressure, weight, pulse and respiration as instructed. Report changes or concerns to the RN.
- Document services performed on computerized charting system.
- Observe resident and report any changes in physical and emotional condition such as change in attitude, reaction, and appetite, to the supervisor.
- Assist the resident with personal care which may include the following: shampooing of hair, assist with showering/ bathing, fingernail and foot care, and medication administration.
- Perform additional tasks as needed.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) skills and requirements:
- Current IA Nursing Assistant certification required.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Strong communication skills to interact with residents and staff.
- Ability to work a consistent work schedule.
Full-Time Employees are offered a benefit package including PTO, Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Life insurance, Disability insurance, retirement plan, Flex Spending, Tuition Discount at Partner Colleges and more.
Part-Time employees are offered a benefit package including PTO, Holiday Pay, Retirement Plan, Tuition Discount at Partner Colleges and more.
Newton Village Care Center provides comfortable, safe, and healthy accommodations to meet the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual needs of elderly adults in a faith-based atmosphere. We are a full-service 24-bed Long Term Care senior community with a professional, caring, and dedicated staff. We are committed to providing quality and compassionate service to all of our residents.
Cassia, an affiliation between Augustana Care and Elim Care, is a Christian mission organization with over 200 years of combined experience caring for those in need. We strive to inspire residents to live the lives that are most fulfilling to them. We take pride in the longevity of our management team and invite you to apply to learn more!
To be considered, apply online or stop in at 110 N 5th Ave W, Newton, IA 50208, to fill out an application.
EOE/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled *A Drug Free Workplace *A Veteran Friendly Employer
Job Status: Part Time,On Call
Job Reference #: Newton Village