Certified Medication Assistant (CMA)- FT Nights, 1500 Bonus
Valley View Village is currently seeking a dedicated Full-Time Certified Medication Assistant (CMA) to join our skilled team. In this role, you will join our team of professional caregivers to become an important part of our residents’ lives. We are seeking individuals who are team players and are also comfortable working independently. For your commitment and dedication, you will be eligible for a $1,500 Bonus!
This is a Full-Time, benefit eligible opportunity with a rotating schedule. Hours: 7:00 pm to 7:00 am. There is a $1 shift differential. New grads welcome to apply!
Certified Medication Assistant (CMA) responsibilities:
- Prepare and administer medications in accordance with Valley View Village policies.
- Review and follow a written care plan.
- Measure and record vital signs including pulse, temperature, and blood pressure on new computerized software.
- Assist with various resident cares such as answering light calls, feeding and helping residents to the bathroom.
- Administer topical treatments as prescribed.
- Observe resident behavior and report any changes in condition or behavior to supervisor.
- Assist with housekeeping and laundry duties.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Certified Medication Assistant (CMA) skills and requirements:
- Must hold current, valid CMA / CNA licenses in the state of Iowa.
- CPR certification required.
- Communicate effectively with residents, families and staff.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Team player who has a passion for elder care and adapts quickly to changing situations.
- Strong communication skills to interact with residents and staff.
Full-Time Employees are offered a benefit package including PTO, Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Life insurance, Disability insurance, retirement plan, Flex Spending, and more.
Valley View Village's new 70,000-square-foot building offers private and semi-private suites, with 20 memory-care beds, 20 skilled-care beds and 39 long-term care beds. This state of the art health center provides long term care, skilled nursing for rehabilitation stays, and Speech, Physical & Occupational Therapy services. At Valley View Village, we believe it is important to learn and grow. If you desire to continue your education and professional advance within the CNA role or beyond, Valley View Village will support you while you attend classes and offer opportunities for growth within the organization.
Cassia, an affiliation between Augustana Care and Elim Care, is a Christian mission organization with over 200 years of combined experience caring for those in need. We strive to inspire residents to live the lives that are most fulfilling to them. We take pride in the longevity of our management team and invite you to apply to learn more!
To be considered, please apply online or stop in at 2571 Guthrie Ave, Des Moines, IA, 50317, to fill out an application.
EOE/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled *A Drug Free Workplace *A Veteran Friendly Employer
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: Valley View Village