Certified Medication Aide (CMA) - FT Days, BONUS!
Valley View Village is currently seeking a Full-Time Certified Medication Assistant (CMA) to join our team in our memory care unit. In this role, you will join our team of professional caregivers to become an important part of our residents’ lives. We are seeking an individual who is a team player and is also comfortable working independently. For your commitment and dedication, you will be eligible for a $1,000 Sign on Bonus!
This is a Full-Time, benefit eligible opportunity with a rotating schedule. Hours: 7:00 am to 7:00 pm.
Week 1: Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday
Week 2: Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday
As a Full-Time Certified Medication Assistant (CMA) you will:
- Prepare and administer medications in accordance with Elim Care & Rehab Center of Princeton/Elim Care policies.
- Review and follow a written care plan.
- Measure and record vital signs including pulse, temperature, and blood pressure on new computerized software.
- Assist with various resident cares such as answering light calls, feeding and helping residents to the bathroom.
- Observe resident behavior and report any changes in condition or behavior to supervisor.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Full-Time Certified Medication Assistant (CMA) qualifications:
- Must hold current, valid CMA/CNA licenses in the state of Iowa.
- Communicate effectively with residents, families and staff.
- Team player who has a passion for elder care and adapts quickly to changing situations.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
Full-Time Employees are offered a benefit package including PTO, Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Long Term and Life Insurance, retirement plan, Flex Spending, Tuition Discount at Partner Colleges and more.
Valley View Village's new 70,000-square-foot building offers private and semi-private suites, with 20 memory-care beds, 20 skilled-care beds and 39 long-term care beds. This state of the art health center provides long term care, skilled nursing for rehabilitation stays, and Speech, Physical & Occupational Therapy services. At Valley View Village, we believe it is important to learn and grow. If you desire to continue your education and professional advance within the CNA role or beyond, Valley View Village will support you while you attend classes and offer opportunities for growth within the organization.
To be considered, please apply online or stop in at 2555 Guthrie Ave, Des Moines, IA, 50317, to fill out an application.
EOE/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled *A Drug Free Workplace *A Veteran Friendly Employer
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: Valley View Village