Care Attendants - Day, Eve
Newton Village is currently seeking flexible individuals to join our team as Part-Time Care Attendants. These positions are ideal for people who will enjoy being a part of our great team of caregivers and making a difference in the lives of our residents.
These are Part-Time positions. Schedule: 6:00 am to 2:00 pm or 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm. There is a $.50 shift differential for the evening shift.
As a Care Attendant you will:
- Help each resident reach and maintain the highest level of performance and independence while assisting them with personal care and daily living activities.
- Assist with treatments as delegated by the Registered Nurse per individualized care plan.
- Take and record temperature, blood pressure, weight, pulse and respiration as instructed. Report changes or concerns to the RN.
- Document services performed on computerized charting system.
- Observe resident and report any changes in physical and emotional condition such as change in attitude, reaction, and appetite, to the supervisor.
- Assist the resident with personal care which may include the following: shampooing of hair, assist with showering/ bathing, and medication administration.
- Perform additional tasks as needed.
Care Attendant skills and requirements:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- CNA certification is not required, but is a plus.
- Must maintain confidential information.
- Computer skills, ability to read, write and communicate clearly, self-motivated.
- Previous experience in a similar setting is a plus.
- A genuine desire to work with our elderly population.
Newton Village Care Center provides comfortable, safe, and healthy accommodations to meet the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual needs of elderly adults in a faith-based atmosphere. We are a full-service 24-bed Long Term Care, Assisted Living and Independent Living senior community with a professional, caring, and dedicated staff. We are committed to providing quality and compassionate service to all of our residents.
To be considered, apply online or stop in at 110 N 5th Ave W, Newton, IA 50208, to fill out an application.
EOE/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled *A Drug Free Workplace *A Veteran Friendly Employer
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: Newton Village