Bus Driver/ Maintenance Worker- FT Days
Baptist Health Care Center, a 4-star facility, is currently seeking a dedicated Full-Time Bus Driver/ Maintenance Worker to join our team! In this role, you will transport residents to medical appointments and occasional community outings. You will also assist the maintenance department to help maintain our beautiful facility.
We have received the Pinnacle 2019 Customer Experience Award for achieving BEST-IN-CLASS customer satisfaction standards in overall satisfaction. We were also proud to be named “Best Nursing Home” and the “Second Best Large Business to Work” by The Bismarck Tribune! We also have excellent student loan payment assistance!
This is a Full-Time, benefit eligible position working a varied schedule including rotating weekends and holidays. Shift: Day
Bus Driver/ Maintenance Worker responsibilities:
- Drive a 15-passenger bus for scheduled resident outings.
- Complete proper documentation including daily logs and quarterly reports.
- Track and schedule maintenance for the bus in coordination with Environmental Services.
- Complete daily upkeep for the bus including filling up gas, washer fluid, etc.
- Communicate with others to confirm time and location of daily trips.
- Perform routine maintenance repairs and projects as needed.
- Respond to maintenance requests by residents and staff.
- Perform manual tasks and carry out all given job related instructions.
- Keep detailed reports of ongoing and completed projects.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Bus Driver/ Maintenance Worker skills and requirements:
- Must have a Class D license.
- Good driving record: no moving violations for the last two years.
- Must pass the NDDOT physical examination and a criminal background check.
- Preference given to those with a CNA license, but must be willing to obtain license within 1 year of start date.
- Experience working with persons with memory loss and physical disabilities is desired.
- Prior experience in plumbing, electrical work, HVAC and/or floor care preferred.
- Prior experience in a healthcare setting preferred, but not required.
- Able to make repairs inside and outside of building, basic carpentry, basic plumbing, replace light bulbs, filters, etc.
- Able to use basic maintenance tools such as hammer, pliers, screwdriver, drill, etc.
- Able to assist with maintaining our building - painting, replace light bulbs, disassembles, and assemble items.
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills.
Full-Time Employees are offered a benefit package including PTO, Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Life insurance, Disability insurance, retirement plan, Flex Spending, Tuition Discount at Partner Colleges and more.
Baptist Health Care Center of Bismarck provides loving and supportive 24-hour nursing care. Working together with our residents and their families, our professional caregivers develop a care plan tailored to meet each individual’s needs. That plan includes social and spiritual care as well as the health care services needed to maximize our residents’ comfort, security, and well-being.
You will be part of a collaborative team whose energy, creativity, and communication are valued and rewarded. We believe in your quality of life, too – so you’ll find our culture provides ongoing opportunities to grow (tuition assistance and in-house training), a work/life balance and a commitment to coaching that enables you to be the best you can be.
Cassia, an affiliation between Augustana Care and Elim Care, is a Christian mission organization with over 200 years of combined experience caring for those in need. We strive to inspire residents to live the lives that are most fulfilling to them. We take pride in the longevity of our management team and invite you to apply to learn more!
To be considered, please apply online or stop in at 3400 Nebraska Dr, Bismarck, ND, 58503-1649, to fill out an application.
EOE/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled *A Drug Free Workplace *A Veteran Friendly Employer
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: Baptist Health Care Center-Bismarck