Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON), 5000 Bonus
Looking to advance and grow your Nursing Career as a Leader?
Valley View Village is currently seeking a driven, intelligent individual to join our team as a Full-Time Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON). In this role, you will help to plan, organize and direct the day-to-day operations of the nursing department in accordance with local, state and federal standards. Our ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and will have strong leadership and communication skills. For your commitment and dedication, you will be eligible for a $5000 Bonus!
This is a Full-Time, benefit eligible position.
Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) responsibilities:
- Assist the Director of Nursing with a variety of tasks to manage the nursing department.
- Provide reports as required for the Director of Nursing Services concerning the operations of Nursing Services.
- Assist the Director of Nursing Services in ensuring nursing staff awareness and compliance with Federal and State regulations relative to resident rights issues.
- Supervise, educate, coach and mentor other nursing personnel.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) skills and qualifications:
- 5+ years of recent experience in a long term care facility (or similar setting) in a leadership role.
- Valid State of Iowa Registered Nurse license
- Knowledge and understanding of compliance with state and federal regulations and standards.
- Strong leadership, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, time management and team-building skills.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
Full-Time Employees are offered a benefit package including PTO, Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Life insurance, Disability insurance, retirement plan, Flex Spending, and more.
Valley View Village's new 70,000-square-foot building offers private and semi-private suites, with 20 memory-care beds, 20 skilled-care beds and 39 long-term care beds. This state of the art health center provides long term care, skilled nursing for rehabilitation stays, and Speech, Physical & Occupational Therapy services. At Valley View Village, we believe it is important to learn and grow. If you desire to continue your education and professional advance within the CNA role or beyond, Valley View Village will support you while you attend classes and offer opportunities for growth within the organization.
Cassia, an affiliation between Augustana Care and Elim Care, is a Christian mission organization with over 200 years of combined experience caring for those in need. We strive to inspire residents to live the lives that are most fulfilling to them. We take pride in the longevity of our management team and invite you to apply to learn more!
To be considered, please apply online or stop in at 2571 Guthrie Ave, Des Moines, IA, 50317, to fill out an application.
EOE/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled *A Drug Free Workplace *A Veteran Friendly Employer
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: Valley View Village