Activities/ Life Enrichment Assistant - FT Days - E/O Weekend
Newton Village is seeking an outgoing, energetic and passionate Full-Time Activities/Life Enrichment Assistant to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for planning, organizing, and conducting recreational activities for our residents. Ideal candidates are creative, highly motivated, and have strong communication skills. Join our team today!
This is a Full-Time, benefit eligible position working varied hours and every other weekend.
Activities/Life Enrichment Assistant responsibilities:
- Plan and monitor leisure activities for residents in both individual and group settings.
- Encourage, support, and assist residents to help continue their individual interests and hobbies.
- Maintain an open working relationship with the resident's family/guardian.
- Observe and document activity attendance, mood, behavior, and degree of involvement.
- Transport residents to and from activities of their choosing.
- Act as a positive representative of the facility at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as requested.
Activities/Life Enrichment Assistant skills and qualifications:
- High School Graduate or Equivalent.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, a clean driving record, and be able to operate wheelchair lifts.
- Ability to display enthusiasm and a positive attitude in promoting activities.
- Creative aptitude for training in arts, crafts, and games.
- Good communication skills, including ability to give directions to others in a manner that is pleasant and easily understood.
Full-Time Employees are offered a benefit package including Vacation, Sick, Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Life insurance, Disability insurance retirement plan, Flex Spending, Tuition Discount at Partner Colleges and more.
Newton Village Care Center provides comfortable, safe, and healthy accommodations to meet the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual needs of elderly adults in a faith-based atmosphere. We are a full-service 24-bed Long Term Care senior community with a professional, caring, and dedicated staff. We are committed to providing quality and compassionate service to all of our residents.
To be considered, apply online or stop in at 110 N 5th Ave W, Newton, IA 50208, to fill out an application.
Application deadline: August 6, 2018
EOE/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled *A Drug Free Workplace *A Veteran Friendly Employer
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: Newton Village