Activities Assistant - PT
Trinity Springs is currently seeking patient, compassionate Part-Time Therapeutic Recreation Assistant/Activities Assistant to join our team in our brand-new facility! In this role, you will conduct fun and exciting activities with our residents at our assisted living and memory care campus. Our ideal candidates are self-motivated with a genuine concern for our residents’ well-being, and have a creative personality and positive attitude.
This is a Part-Time position. Hours: 3:00PM to 8:00PM and every other weekend day hours.
Activities Assistant responsibilities:
- Encourage, support, and assist residents with activities.
- Interact and assist residents on a one to one basis outside of structured program times
- Document activity attendance and degree of involvement.
- Set-up activities with equipment, supplies, etc.
- Act as a positive representative at all times.
- Display an attitude of courtesy and respect for all residents, families, and staff.
- Drive facility bus or van on activity outings.
- Assist Dietary Department if requested.
- Perform other related tasks as needed.
Activities Assistant skills and requirements:
- High School Graduate or Equivalent required.
- 1+ year of working in a senior care environment required.
- Must possess a valid FL Driver’s License.
- Demonstrate good time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to display enthusiasm and a positive attitude in promoting activities.
- Creative aptitude for training in arts, crafts, and games.
- Good communication skills, including ability to give directions to others in a manner that is pleasant and easily understood.
- Must be able to work a consistent schedule.
Part-Time employees are offered a benefit package including vacation and sick time, Holiday Pay, and retirement plan.
Located in beautiful Oxford, Florida, Trinity Springs is the only nonprofit, faith-based senior living community in the area. At our premier 155-unit assisted living and memory care campus our residents enjoy physical, intellectual and spiritual growth, just minutes from attractions such as farmer’s markets, parks, nature reserves, and horse farms. Our experienced staff will provide residents with physical, emotional, cognitive, and spiritual support that they need to thrive. Trinity Springs is an affiliation of Elim Care, a nonprofit, Christian-based organization that inspires seniors to live the lives they desire.
Cassia, an affiliation between Augustana Care and Elim Care, is a Christian mission organization with over 200 years of combined experience caring for those in need. We strive to inspire residents to live the lives that are most fulfilling to them. We take pride in the longevity of our management team and invite you to apply to learn more!
To be considered, please fill out an application online.
EOE/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled *A Drug Free Workplace* A Veteran Friendly Employer
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: Trinity Springs, Florida