Activities Assistant- PT Days
Cornerstone Assisted Living, an 86-unit assisted living facility, is currently seeking a patient, compassionate Part-Time Activities Assistant to join our team! In this role, you will conduct fun and exciting activities with our residents. Our ideal candidates are self-motivated with a genuine concern for our residents’ well-being, and have a creative personality and positive attitude.
We take pride in providing compassionate care to our residents by focusing on our 8 pillars of excellence (Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, Innovation, Stewardship, Unity, Respect, and Collaboration). Apply today to make a difference in the lives of those we serve!
This is a Part-Time position working a rotating schedule. Hours: 9:15 am to 4:15 pm
Week 1: Wednesday, Saturday
Week 2: Wednesday, Friday
Activities Assistant responsibilities:
- Encourage, support, and assist residents with activities.
- Interact and assist residents on a one to one basis outside of structured program times
- Document activity attendance and degree of involvement.
- Act as a positive representative at all times.
- Display an attitude of courtesy and respect for all residents, families, and staff.
- Perform other related tasks as needed.
Activities Assistant skills and requirements:
- Associate's Degree in a related field required.
- 1+ year of working in a senior care environment preferred.
- Prior musical therapy experience a plus!
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Demonstrate good time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to display enthusiasm and a positive attitude in promoting activities.
- Creative aptitude for training in arts, crafts, and games.
- Good communication skills, including ability to give directions to others in a manner that is pleasant and easily understood.
- Must be able to work a consistent schedule.
Cornerstone Commons, located in Plymouth, Minnesota, provides independent, assisted living and memory care options for seniors. We offer services and amenities that promote maximum independence and self-esteem, while offering the guidance and support for daily success.
Cassia, an affiliation between Augustana Care and Elim Care, is a Christian mission organization with over 200 years of combined experience caring for those in need. We strive to inspire residents to live the lives that are most fulfilling to them. We take pride in the longevity of our management team and invite you to apply to learn more!
To be considered, please apply online or stop in at 3750 Lawndale Ln N, Plymouth MN, 55446, to fill out an application.
EOE/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled *A Drug Free Workplace *A Veteran Friendly Employer
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: Cornerstone Assisted Living-Plymouth