Activities Assistant- Part-Time
Do you spread joy wherever you go? Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others? If so, this may be the job for you!
Elim Care and Rehab Center of Milaca, a 5-star, 86-bed facility with a 12-bed Rehab Unit, is currently seeking an outgoing Part-Time Activities Assistant to join our team! In this important role, you will conduct fun and exciting activities with our residents. Our ideal candidate is self-motivated with a genuine concern for our residents’ well-being, and has a creative personality and positive attitude.
We value our employees and take pride in recognizing their hard work. From seasonal events to potlucks, we do our best to make you feel appreciated the moment you step through our door. In addition to our competitive benefit package, we also offer generous scholarship opportunities. We take pride in providing compassionate care to our residents by focusing on our 8 pillars of excellence (Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, Innovation, Stewardship, Unity, Respect, and Collaboration). Apply today to make a difference in the lives of those we serve!
This is a Part-Time position working a rotating schedule. There will be additional opportunities to pick up additional hours. Hours: 9:00 am to 3:30 pm, 10:00 am to 6:00 pm, and 9:00 am to 7:30 pm.
Week 1: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday
Week 2: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday
Week 3: Sunday, Monday, Friday
Activities Assistant responsibilities:
- Encourage, support, and assist residents with activities.
- Interact and assist residents on a one to one basis outside of structured program times.
- Document activity attendance and degree of involvement.
- Act as a positive representative at all times.
- Display an attitude of courtesy and respect for all residents, families, and staff.
- Perform other related tasks as needed.
Activities Assistant skills and requirements:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Demonstrate good time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to display enthusiasm and a positive attitude in promoting activities.
- Creative aptitude for training in arts, crafts, and games.
- Good communication skills, including ability to give directions to others in a manner that is pleasant and easily understood.
Part-Time employees are offered a benefit package including PTO, Holiday Pay, Retirement Plan, Tuition Discount at Partner Colleges and more.
Elim Care & Rehab of Milaca is an 86-bed facility with a 12-bed Rehab Unit. We offer 24-hour skilled nursing care, rehabilitation services, hospice, and memory care. Each year, many patients come through our doors and return to their homes stronger and healthier after using our short-term senior rehab unit.
Cassia, an affiliation between Augustana Care and Elim Care, is a Christian mission organization with over 200 years of combined experience caring for those in need. We strive to inspire residents to live the lives that are most fulfilling to them. We take pride in the longevity of our management team and invite you to apply to learn more!
To be considered, please apply online.
EOE/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled *A Drug Free Workplace *A Veteran Friendly Employer Location:
Job Status: Part Time,On Call
Job Reference #: Milaca Elim Care & Rehab Center