Activities Assistant, FT
Newton Village, a 5-star facility, is currently seeking is currently seeking a patient, compassionate individual to join our team as a Full-Time Activities Assistant. In this role, you will conduct fun and exciting activities with our residents at our skilled nursing facility. Our ideal candidate is self-motivated with a genuine concern for our residents’ well-being, and has a creative personality and positive attitude.
This is a Full-Time, benefit eligible position working a varied schedule including every other weekend.
Activities Assistant responsibilities:
- Encourage, support, and assist residents with activities in individual and group settings.
- Interact and assist residents on a one to one basis outside of structured program times.
- Document activity attendance and degree of involvement.
- Act as a positive representative at all times.
- Display an attitude of courtesy and respect for all residents, families, and staff.
- Transport residents to and from activities.
- Perform other related tasks as needed.
Activities Assistant skills and requirements:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Must have valid IA Driver's License.
- Prior experience working in a senior care environment preferred.
- Demonstrate good time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to display enthusiasm and a positive attitude in promoting activities.
- Creative aptitude for training in arts, crafts, and games.
- Good communication skills, including ability to give directions to others in a manner that is pleasant and easily understood.
- Must be able to work a consistent schedule.
Full-Time Employees are offered a benefit package including PTO, Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Life insurance, Disability insurance, retirement plan, Flex Spending, Tuition Discount at Partner Colleges and more.
Newton Village Care Center provides comfortable, safe, and healthy accommodations to meet the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual needs of elderly adults in a faith-based atmosphere. We are a full-service 24-bed Long Term Care, Assisted Living and Independent Living senior community with a professional, caring, and dedicated staff. We are committed to providing quality and compassionate service to all of our residents.
Cassia, an affiliation between Augustana Care and Elim Care, is a Christian mission organization with over 200 years of combined experience caring for those in need. We strive to inspire residents to live the lives that are most fulfilling to them. We take pride in the longevity of our management team and invite you to apply to learn more!
To be considered, apply online or stop in at 110 N 5th Ave W, Newton, IA 50208, to fill out an application.
EOE/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled *A Drug Free Workplace *A Veteran Friendly Employer
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: Newton Village